The Celestron Astromaster 70AZ offers a quick and easy no-tool setup. The telescopes has a permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope and comes with erect image optics – Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use.
The Celestron Astromaster 70AZ has a rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25″ steel tube legs – Provides a rigid and stable platform. The tripod has pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch – for smooth and accurate pointing.
If you’re looking for a dual-purpose telescope appropriate for both terrestrial and celestial viewing, then the AstroMaster Series is for you. Each AstroMaster model is capable of giving correct views of land and sky.
The AstroMaster Series produce bright, clear images of the Moon and planets. It is easy to see the moons of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn with every one of these fine instruments. For views of the brighter deep space objects like galaxies and nebulae, we recommend the larger aperture and light gathering ability of the Newtonian reflectors.
- Aperture (mm): 70 mm (2.76 in)
- Apparent Field of View: 1.1°
- Finderscope: Built-on StarPointer
- Focal Length: 900 mm (35 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10 mm (0.39 in)
- Focal Ratio: 13
- Highest Useful Magnification: 165 x
- Light Gathering Power: 100 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Linear Field of View: 58 ft (18 m)
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 10 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 45 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 90 x
- Mount Type: Altazimuth
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Optical Tube Length: 36 in (914 mm)
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.99 arc seconds
- Star Diagonal: Erect Image Diagonal – 1.25″
- Tripod: 1.25″ steel tube legs
- Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty