The Celestron Nexstat 5SE’s five-inch primary mirror packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that the solar system has to offer: Saturn’s rings, the cloud bands on Jupiter, and geographic features on the surface of the Moon. When it comes to deep sky objects, take your Celestron Nexstat 5SE to a dark-sky site and you’ll see hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more.
Revolutionary Single Fork Arm Mount
We know the best telescope is the one you will use most often. Thats why Celestron’s engineers created NexStar SE’s unique, patented single fork arm mount. It’s perfectly portable and makes setup quick and easy. What’s more, the NexStar SE breaks down into several lightweight and compact pieces, making it easy to transport, even in small vehicles. You’ll have no problem getting the NexStar SE to your favorite observing site, or setting it up quickly in your backyard.
Of course, it’s what’s inside the mount that really counts. Sturdy construction from high-quality components give NexStar SE the pointing and tracking accuracy needed to observe and follow your favorite targets with push-button ease. Use the included NexStar+ hand control to locate over 40,000 celestial objects, or take a Sky Tour and let your telescope show you the best objects currently visible.
Aligning your telescope is simple and painless, too, thanks to SkyAlign. This process makes alignment as easy as 1-2-3: just center three bright objects in your eyepiece and press ALIGN. For even easier alignment, attach our StarSense AutoAlign and your NexStar SE aligns itself!
Advanced Features Let the NexStar SE Grow with You
The NexStar SE is compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Provide GPS coordinates to your telescope with SkySync, or add automatic alignment functionality with StarSense AutoAlign.
If you want to explore the world of astroimaging, the Celestron Nexstat 5SE is a perfect choice. Its built-in wedge allows you to track long exposures. You can even remove the telescope’s secondary mirror and replace it with a DSLR or astronomical CCD camera for wide field images captured at f/2 using a Fastar/HyperStar lens assembly. Or, if you’re interested in imaging the Moon and planets, pair your NexStar 5SE with one of our Skyris cameras. From your first observing session and for years to come, the NexStar SE is your trusted companion.
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, SolarSystem Align
- Aperture (mm): 125 mm (4.92 in)
- Apparent Field of View: 1 “
- Communication Ports; RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux port, Camera Control port
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 38,181 accessible objects
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Focal Length: 1250 mm (49 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Highest Useful Magnification: 295 x
- Light Gathering Power: 329x x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13
- Linear Field of View: 53 ft (16 m)
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 18 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 50 x
- Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Design; Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Optical Tube Length: 13 in (330 mm)
- Power Requirements: 8-AA batteries (not included)
- Resolution (Dawes); 0.93 arc seconds
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.11 arc seconds
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 16.6% %
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction; 51mm in (1295 mm)
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 17.6 lbs (7.98 kg)
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tripod; Steel with built-in wedge
- Tripod Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
- Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty