The new Celestron PowerTank Lithium keeps the charge going for the astronomer on the go. The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries.
The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Ion and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery.
The battery performance of the Celestron PowerTank Lithium degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries.
The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Ion battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs.
The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries.
Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-ion designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
This combined with it’s rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply.
Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with Celestron PowerTank Lithium the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.
- Battery Capacity: 86.4 Wh
- Charge Time (from flat): 3 hours
- Charging Input: 16VDC @ 2000mA
- Light Panel: Red or White with two brightness settings for each color
- Product Dimensions: 7.5″ tall x 3″ diameter
- Product Weight: 2.25 pounds
- Telescope Outpout: 12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive
- Telescope Power Cord: 6.5 feet (2 meters) with connector for Celestron telescopes
- USB Charging Port 1 Output: 5VDC @ 1000mA
- USB Charging Port 2 Output: 5VDC @ 2100mA
- Weatherproof/Dustproof: IP-65 rating
In The Box
- AC mains charger
- Power cord for Celestron telescopes
- Strap for attaching to tripod
- Strap for hanging