The KENKO Colour Meter KCM-3100 reads both ambient and flash light. In photography, accuracy is what counts. When shooting in any kind of mixed lighting scenario, a good, reliable color temperature meter is the only true and proven way to get accurate readings. In areas such as commercial, fashion and certainly architectural work, a color temperature meter is a “must”.
This KENKO Colour Meter KCM-3100 is designed with a minimum of clutter and is very user-friendly. The large LCD readout combined with its variety of features make this meter a top contender.
The KENKO Colour Meter KCM-3100 has 3 display modes for displaying color temperature. Each mode is designed for a certain type of photography or filtering system. LB (Light Balancing) index is used to select the necessary amber or blue LB filter; The Mired difference between the specific photographic color temperature for the selected film type and the light source.
CC (Color-Correction) displays the Kodak filter number(s) of the necessary light-balancing filter(s) to make for easy selection of the required light balancing filter. Whereas the LB system uses amber or blue filters, the CC system uses magenta or green color compensating filters.
Finally, it displays photographic color temperature in degrees Kelvin. This is a useful setting to determine filtration based on the light source and the spectral sensitivity of the film used.
Other benefits of this meter are its ability to read in either sync or non-sync mode, i.e. without a cord. It also has an “Analyzer Mode” for measurement of flash lighting only. Setting the shutter speed to “F”, the meter will only read light from flash.
Finally, The KCM-3100 has 9 memory channels which can be custom set to specific lighting situations or individual film characteristics. By doing this, you can be pre-set for certain types of film or lighting set-ups.
- Type: Three-color hand-held digital color meter for color photography
- Determines photographic color temperature of light sources and filtration required
- Reception Method: Incident-light reading
- Receptors: Incident- flat diffuser, Rotating receptor head 90º right/ 180º left
- Receptor Elements: 3 Silicon photocells filtered red, green, blue sensitivities
- Measuring Modes: AMBI – Ambient light, CORD- Flash w/sync cord
- NON-CORD – Flash without sync cord
- Measuring Range: Ambient light – EV 3.0 to 16.3
- Flash – F/2.8 to 180 in two ranges
- Range (for Flash): 1/500 sec. to 1 sec. in 1-stop increments
- Display: Liquid Crystal (LCD)
- Display Ranges: LB index: -500 to 500 mireds, LB Filter No. 80A~80D to 85D~81EF, CC index: 200M to 200G
- Operating Temp. Range: 14 to 122° F (-10 to 50° C)
- Power: Two AA Alkaline dry-cell batteries
- Dimensions: 2.75 in (70mm) W x 6.7 in (170mm) H x 1.1 in. (28mm) D
- Weight: 15 to 120° (-10 to + 50 C) with 85% relative humidity
- Standard Accessories: Neck strap, case