Celestron is not only changing the way we experience astronomy, but we’re also changing the way you interact with the night sky. The Celestron Astro Fi 130 Newtonian is a fully featured telescope that can be controlled with your smart phone or tablet using the free Celestron SkyPortal app. Celestron’s SkyPortal app replaces the traditional telescope hand control for a 100% wireless experience. Just hold your smart device up to the night sky. When you find an object you’d like to view, tap the screen. Your Celestron Astro Fi 130 telescope automatically slews to the object, while the screen displays information about it. It’s never been more fun to explore the universe!
The Celestron Astro Fi 130 creates its own wireless connection, so it can communicate with your device even in remote locations where WiFi or cellular networks aren’t available.
Getting ready to observe is quick and painless thanks to Celestron’s award-winning SkyAlign technology. Center any three bright objects in the eyepiece, and your telescope calculates its position. You can even generate a Sky Tour of all the best celestial objects to view based on your exact time and location.
Trusted Celestron Optics
Innovative WiFi technology powers the Astro Fi, but its the optics inside the telescope tube that make it a Celestron. For over 50 years, we’ve led the industry in optical technology, and we put that experience into the Astro Fi 130. This 130 mm refractor with fully coated optics offers dazzling views of craters on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, the Orion Nebula, the Hercules Globular Cluster and so much more. The large 130 mm aperture offers the best resolution and the short focal length gives you incredibly wide fields of view.
- Accessory Tray: Includes rubberized smartphone or tablet holder
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Aperture (mm): 130 mm (5.19 in)
- Communication Ports: Aux port for optional hand control
- Database: Over 120,000 objects including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Focal Length: 650 mm (25.59 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10 mm (0.39 in)
- Focal Ratio: 5
- Highest Useful Magnification: 307x
- Light Gathering Power: 345x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.1
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 19x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 26x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 65x
- Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Optical Coating: Aluminum with SiO2
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.89 arc seconds arc seconds
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.07 arc seconds arc seconds
- Slew Speeds: Up to 3 deg/second
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar
- Tripod: Aluminum